General Event Terms and Conditions
By registering to take part in an Event organised by in whole or in part by Eden Valley Hospice and Jigsaw (Charity No 1008796) you are agreeing to abide by the terms and conditions as stated below. Additional guidance pertinent to specific events will be issued and shared with participants via the Eden Valley Hospice Events section on the website.
Registering for an Event
- You may request registration at an Eden Valley Hospice and Jigsaw Event by:
completing a registration form through our website following the links from the Event Page to Sign up now; or
- contacting us through e-mail or telephone in accordance with the instructions from our website to request a place
- completing and returning with payment any registration leaflet to the address specified in the details section.
When requesting registration as set out above, you must provide us with accurate and complete information. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to that information (including, without limitation, your email address where requested). If you do not provide accurate and complete information in connection with your registration, we may not be able to provide you with access to the Event or information pertinent to it.
Eden Valley Hospice and Jigsaw reserves the right to close registration when participant levels reach capacity.
Confirmation of Booking
All registrations for an Event are subject to availability and acceptance by us, which shall be at our absolute discretion.
Confirmation of your registration will be subject to first receiving all reasonable information and any complete payments/registration fee required at time of booking. Once we have received all the above information and payment, we shall confirm our acceptance of your registration by issuing an Event Confirmation to you.
Event confirmation will be sent via email.
Upon the issuing by us of the Event Confirmation to you, there will be a legally binding contract between you and us to which these Event Terms shall apply. Please read these Event Terms carefully.
The applicable fees for an Event shall be published by us on our website and/or in any of our other publications and we shall confirm such fees in our Event Confirmation. You shall pay the applicable fees in accordance with the instructions contained in the Event Confirmation. If the event has a minimum fundraising target, you agree to reach your fundraising target by the dates which are set out in your welcome information.
Fees for an Event are correct at the time of publication, but we reserve the right to amend the fees at any time but shall not affect any registrations for which an Event Confirmation has already been issued.
Whilst our Event programmes are correct at the time of publication, in rare circumstances, it may be necessary for us to alter the format, content, venue and/or timing of an Event. All Registered participants shall be notified of such changes prior to an Event.
Postponements, cancellation and Refunds
If you cannot attend an Event for which you have registered, please contact the designated person outlined in the Event Confirmation in writing as soon as possible (and in any event no later than 24 hours before the Event).
If you wish to cancel your attendance at an Event, you must notify us in writing and the following cancellation charges shall apply as follows:
A full refund will be given where possible, less any charges/non-refundable registration fees as stated in the individual Event terms and conditions that the Charity may be liable for (including but not limited to running charity places that cannot be redeemed, administration costs) if notice given 2 months prior to event date.
After this date refunds may still be offered, but these will be taken on a case by case discretionary basis, with fair and reasonable costs to be deducted. If cancellation falls within 2 weeks of the event date, no refunds shall be given and the participant may still be liable for the full event costs, as per the agreement made at booking confirmation.
If you fail to attend the event without prior notification, no refunds shall be given.
We may in exceptional circumstances need to postpone or cancel an Event and we shall notify you as soon as reasonably practicable of any such postponement or cancellation and issue you a full refund as is necessary. Our liability to you as a result of any cancellation or postponement of an Event shall be limited to the amount of fees you have paid to us for the Event only and we will not be liable for any additional expenditure, loss or damages incurred by you as a result of such cancellation or postponement.
If an event is postponed to a new date, any payments made will automatically be allocated to participation in the event on the new date, unless requested otherwise.
In the unlikely event that Eden Valley Hospice and Jigsaw has to cancel the event all participants will automatically be refunded their registration fees, and any sponsorship money received by Eden Valley Hospice and Jigsaw can be refunded on the request of the sponsor.
Request for refunds should be made within 7 days of the notification, otherwise any payments received will be treated as a donation to Eden Valley Hospice and Jigsaw.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions you understand and agree that:
- I am aware of the challenge/distance involved in this event and I confirm I am fit and healthy to take part. I agree that medical advice should be sought form my GP if I am in any doubt as to whether I can physically complete the event safely.
- If I am the primary entrant (or team captain), I am responsible for providing the correct, required information for all participants entered within an online entry form. By agreeing to these terms as the primary entrant, I agree to the event terms and conditions on behalf of all participants entered within an online entry form. The primary entrant is anyone registering a participant other than or as well as themselves.
- I agree that I have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship money collected in respect of my fundraising efforts is paid directly to Eden Valley Hospice and Jigsaw within three months of the event day. If I am unable to take part in the event, all sponsorship money will be treated a donation, unless the donor requests the return of their sponsorship in which case individual donors must be contacted by the participant, who must then ask them to contact Eden Valley Hospice and Jigsaw directly.
- I agree for the purposes of this event, personal information includes medical data collected for health and safety purposes. I agree that my personal information can be stored, used by the event organiser and their partners in connection with the organisation, staging and administration of the event.
Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
Eden Valley Hospice and Jigsaw reserves the right to update their terms and conditions in relation to the event at any time or prior to the event day.
All participants taking part in this event do so at their own risk. In no event shall Eden Valley Hospice and Jigsaw be liable for any injuries, loss or damages whatsoever, including indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential losses connected with any aspect of this event.