When Can I Visit?
Important Information (updated 28.07.2021) -
In line with the Government guidance from 19/07/21 we are pleased to largely remove visiting restrictions for all patients cared for at Eden Valley Hospice and Jigsaw patients whether they are receiving end of life care or symptom control. Please see below our updated visitor guidance:
- Routine daily indoor visiting will be supported for all patients.
- All visitors will be required to demonstrate a negative lateral flow test in the 48 hours prior to visiting. These tests must be logged on the national website and evidence shown to the hospice prior to each visit. Help to complete and log lateral flow tests will only be given in exceptional circumstances.
- The number of visitors permitted will be dictated by the patient and/or their loved ones.
- Visitors will be required to wear a surgical face mask when EVH staff are in the room and may also be asked to leave the room when direct care is being provided.
- It will be at the patient’s discretion whether visitors are required to wear any PPE when EVH staff are not in the room.
Visitors will NOT be permitted to use communal areas on the ward BUT can use the coffee area off the main reception. This must be accessed via the main reception only, not via the clinical corridor and surgical face masks worn in transit and 2-meter distancing maintained with other users.
Visitors to Covid positive patients or patients with unknown status (thus assumed to be positive until a negative result is confirmed) will be asked to isolate in accordance with latest government guidance despite wearing PPE.
If a child (under 18yrs) or a person with a learning disability wishes to visit they are supernumerary to the visiting numbers and must be accompanied by an adult. One child per visit.
If you have a question about visiting or feel you have an exceptional reason for needing to visit a patient in our care please don’t hesitate to contact the Team Lead on 01228 810801.
Visiting after death will be supported.
PPE for visits post death will not be required unless EVH staff are in the room.
Visiting to the butterfly room will access the unit directly via the butterfly room door at the Jigsaw entrance to reduce footfall through the unit.
Can I video call someone at the hospice?
We will always do our very best to help with supporting video calls to your loved one, and this should be discussed with the hospice team
If you have a question about visiting or feel you have an exceptional reason for needing a visit to a patient in our care please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01228 810801.