When Can I Visit?
Important Information (updated 17.11.2020) -
Visiting will be restricted in Eden Valley Hospice, Carlisle at the present time
- For patients not imminently dying, one visitor is permitted each day for a limited period (e.g. 1 hours). This does not have to be the same person each day.
Visitors will be asked a series of questions to identify those who may be suffering from or incubating Covid 19. If identified as at risk of suffering from or incubating Covid 19 visitors will be politely requested not to proceed on to the inpatient area, but to return home.
- As it is important to socially distance in the patient’s room, visitors will be asked to leave the room when hospice staff enter. They may wait in the garden or their car.
- Permitted visitors must observe hand hygiene and wear ‘Personal Protective Equipment’ (PPE), provided by Eden Valley Hospice, while in the patient’s room and to remove it carefully and discard in the bins provided in the patient bathroom prior to leaving.
- Hands must be sanitised or washed again on leaving.
Additionally for patients at end of life:
End of Life refers to patients with a prognosis of short days or less.
For these patients additional visiting will be permitted but is subject to the following restrictions:
- Two people close to the patient (may be family or possible close friends) may visit at any one time.
- If there are more than two people close to the patient who wish to visit, it is possible for a further two visitors to spend time with a patient on another day.
- Families and friends are not permitted to congregate in the grounds of the Hospice.
In exceptional circumstances the above criteria may be modified, but only at the discretion of the Team Lead on duty that day.
Can I video call someone at the hospice?
We will always do our very best to help with supporting video calls to your loved one, and this should be discussed with the hospice team
If you have a question about visiting or feel you have an exceptional reason for needing a visit to a patient in our care please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01228 810801.