When Can I Visit?
Information for visitors to Eden Valley Hospice and Jigsaw
Visiting is not restricted in number, time or duration unless requested by the patient.
The following are measures, in line with government guidance, remain in place to mitigate the risk of COVID 19.
Entering the building
If visiting on a Monday to Friday 8.15am - 5pm:
- Visitors to the Adult Inpatient Unit should enter via the main reception. The reception staff will sign you in and liaise with the ward to ensure the patient consents and the visit is convenient.
- If there needs to be a delay to visiting you can wait in the coffee lounge or ‘Fold’ which is an open area for anyone to use as a place for peace and quiet.
Outside of the above hours:
- You should report to the patient and out of hours entrance. Clinical staff will sign you in and liaise with the patient to ascertain consent to the visit and convenience.
- If there needs to be a delay to visiting you can wait in the coffee lounge or 'Fold'. Refreshments are available in our coffee lounge area.
Moving around the clinical area
To reduce the risk of infection please follow the guidance below
- Only use the clinical corridor to access patient rooms and to move from one area of the building to another.
- The communal areas on the Adult Inpatient Unit e.g., lounges & kitchen remain closed to visitors and we ask you not to use these spaces.
- If you wish to speak with a staff member, please use the patient call system to summon staff who will identify a private room if necessary.
- You are no longer required to wear a face covering in the patient rooms unless this is requested by the patient. Masks will still be readily available for visitors if required.
Additional measures for COVID Positive Visiting
- If the person you are visiting is COVID positive you will be offered full PPE included gloves, apron, surgical face mask.
- We request that you DO NOT attend the hospice premises if you have any symptoms of COVID 19 (see latest Government guidelines) unless the person you are visiting is identified as ‘End of Life’ and the visit is supported by the patient (if appropriate) or their Next of Kin. PLEASE ENSURE STAFF ARE AWARE OF YOUR COVID INFECTION PRIOR TO VISITING.
- COVID positive visitors or those visiting COVID positive patients are requested not to use the communal areas such as ‘The Fold’ or coffee lounge.
- COVID positive visitors or those visiting COVID positive patients are requested NOT to use the clinical corridor to enter the patient room but instead will be admitted via the garden doors.
If you have a question about visiting or feel you have an exceptional reason for needing to visit a patient in our care please don’t hesitate to contact the Team Lead on 01228 810801.