The Day Hospice is a very popular facility at Eden Valley Hospice currently taking up to 15 patients per day, on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 10.00am to 3.00pm. It creates the opportunity for patients, and their families, to have time to themselves and to meet with others who can fully appreciate how it feels to have a life threatening or life limiting illness.
What's on offer in the Day Hospice?
We provide medical and nursing support to assess and monitor any symptoms of the patient’s illness. In addition, we also offer several complementary therapies: massage, aromatherapy, reflexology and Reiki.
Companionship is a key part of what makes the Day Hospice so rewarding for those who attend. The opportunity to spend time with others in similar situations is a great source of peer support for patients. There are also a very wide variety of activities which take place at the Day Hospice, which are based around the interests and hobbies of the patients themselves.
- Craft making - card making, knitting, cross-stitch, sewing, silk scarf dyeing, etc.
- Relaxation exercises - using music or visualisation
- Creative writing - using personal experiences and poetry
- Social activities - quizzes, bingo, cards, dominoes etc.
- Hair and beauty treatments - there is a hairdresser available on certain days
- Daily chapel service if desired.
Patients can be as involved in as many of the activities as they desire. It is perfectly acceptable to have quiet times as each patient will have varying levels of energy or experience ‘off days’ and the staff in day care understand and appreciate this.
For more detailed information about our Day Hospice, click here.
Speak to us...
Give us a call: 01228 810 801
Drop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org