Resources & Links
Ambitions for Palliative and End of Life Care
- A national framework for local action 2021 – 2026.
End of Life Journal
- The End of Life Journal is a free, peer-reviewed journal for nurses and others working in health and social care.
- Hospice UK are the national charity for hospice care, supporting over 200 hospices in the UK.
- Click here for access to all presentations, documents and videos, where available, from the most recent Hospice UK Conference and other learning events.
- Includes palliative care news, views and inspiration from around the world.
Deciding Right resources
- Resources and downloads for Deciding Right - a north-east initiative for making care decisions in advance.
Association of Palliative Care Social Workers
- This association is open to all social workers who are working with people who are approaching the end of their lives. This includes social workers in community teams, in hospitals or in hospices.
National Association of Complementary Therapists in Hospice and Palliative Care
- This association is open to all Complementary Therapists working with people requiring supportive and palliative care in hospitals, the community and hospices in the UK.
Together for Short Lives
- Together with their members Together for Short Lives champion, improve and support children’s palliative care services and professionals.
Palliative and End of Life Care Strategic Clinical Network
- The Integrated Care Systems (ICS)s are committed to improving the experience of patients and those people important to them as they come towards the end of their life. The Strategic Clinical Network Palliative and End of Life Care supports the ICSs in improving patient care.
North East and North Cumbria Palliative and End of Life Care Network
- The Palliative & End of Life Care ICS Palliative and End of Life Care Clinical Network is a multi-professional group made of health professionals from organisations across the North East and North Cumbria Clinical Networks region, covering a population of over 3 million people.
Association of Palliative Day ServicesAssociation of Palliative Day Services
- The APDS is the first national representative body formed exclusively for palliative day service professionals in the UK and Ireland.
North Cumbria Cancer Care Collaborative
- A group of like-minded individuals who feel passionately about improving cancer care for residents of north Cumbria.