Day Services at Eden Valley Hospice
Who can attend?
A person with cancer or other progressive and life limiting illness, which is incurable and presents physical, emotional, spiritual or social difficulties requiring input from the palliative care team.
Referrals are made via the person’s GP, district nurse, social worker, specialist nurses or a member of the multi-disciplinary team. All referrals are discussed at the daily multi-professional referral meeting. Following referral, one of the day services team will contact the person.
Those being referred will be asked to provide permission for the palliative care team to access their medical and GP records. This information greatly assists in the continuity of care for the person when attending the day services. Any treatment and care will always be discussed with the person first.
What can we help with?
- Symptom control
- Holistic care (psychological, emotional, spiritual and social care needs)
- Coordination of care & sign posting to other services
- Rehabilitation / re enablement
- Carer Support
- Advance Care Planning
Services we provide
- Medical & nursing assessment and reviews
- Multi-disciplinary team referrals e.g. family support (counselling, social work, spiritual care)
- Complementary therapies – reiki, massage, HEARTS, acupuncture
- Referral to the rehabilitative services – Occupational therapy, physiotherapy
- Coordinating provision of care services
- Individualised goal planning including meaningful activity e.g. crafts, hobbies, activity plans
- Assessment of carer needs
Respite day services (From Summer 22)
This focuses to include:
- Regular nursing assessment and medical review where required
- Contribution to care assessments and care package/benefit reviews
- Carer support & advice
- Admission prevention
- Advance care planning
- Holistic Care & access to therapies
- Individual & small group activities
What should I do before I come to the Day Services?
You need to make sure you bring all your current medication with you, so the medical team know what you’re taking and that you have enough for the time you are in the unit.
Who will be taking care of me?
You’ll be able to identify Day Service staff by their name badge. Our team consists of:
- Team lead
- Staff Nurses
- Healthcare Assistants
- Housekeeping Staff
- Day Service Volunteers
- Complementary Therapists
Stories for life
Would you or someone you cherish like to have their precious memories professionally recorded on audio for free?
Stories for Life (formerly known as Hospice Biographers) launched in 2017 when Barbara Altounyan began to record her own father’s life story shortly before he died. She soon realised this could be something others might appreciate. Since then, volunteers in hospices including ours, have been trained around the UK.
If you would like more information or are interested in meeting one of our biographers to explore the possibility of having a story recorded, please contact our Day Services team.
Tel: 01228 817623
At Eden Valley Hospice we try to promote a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere for everyone. All the staff aim to be friendly and helpful and will be happy to answer any queries. Please don’t feel you’re being a nuisance for asking – we prefer you let us know your concerns. Anything we can do to improve our service and environment we are happy to hear about.
We hope that you’ll feel comfortable during your visits and want you to know that if you have any worries or concerns, questions or comments, our staff are keen to respond to your needs and be of help. If you have any questions prior to coming to our Day Services, feel free to call on 01228 817623 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll provide an answer as soon as possible.