Day Hospice Activities
- Entertainment - craft demonstrations, singers, performers
- Complementary therapies - provided by fully qualified therapists. A wide range of therapies are available to help relax your body and calm your mind. Red Cross volunteers also provide manicures and basic hand massage
- Daily newspapers – available for everyone to read
- Hairdressing facilities – are provided by a trained volunteer, available for a small donation
- Companionship – make new friends, share experiences and have fun with your fellow Day Hospice patients, staff and volunteers
- Arts and crafts – we’ll often have lots of interesting things to create from a variety of materials: rag rugs, decoupage cards, painting, knitting – you name it!
- Spiritual support – find out more by looking at our Spiritual Care section.
Can you help our Day Hospice Activities?
Singers, performers, talks about the local area and much more. Our Day Hospice patients, volunteers and staff enjoy a wide range of activities throughout the week. But we need your help!
If you, your place or work or community organisation would like to volunteer your time and come along to entertaine the patients, volunteers and staff please contact our Activitiy Coordinator, Carol, on 01228 810801.