We’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Business Development Manager to join our hospice team.
This role is pivotal in generating significant income through our trading activities and we want someone with an entrepreneurial approach to lead on growing our income in this area.
To succeed in this role you’ll require energy, attention to detail, commercial flair, outstanding people skills and a passion for charity retail and trading.
You will bring a solution focussed approach to sales, customer care and profitability, be ready to listen to others’ ideas and share our vision for charity retail. You will be part of an exceptional trading team who are highly motivated, professional and committed.
The aims of the role are:
· To provide the strategic leadership for the retail/trading income streams to ensure targets are met and key standards are achieved.
· To lead on and drive the continued success of the retail/trading operation, increasing sales and profits from existing shops, online operations, and new commercial opportunities.
· To lead on all aspects of business development to ensure the continued growth of the retail/trading portfolio.
· To ensure excellent levels of customer service are provided across the operation.
· To ensure that all activity correctly reflects and promotes the hospice brand, ethos and values.
We are a local charity dedicated to providing specialist care to adults from the local area and children throughout Cumbria, as well as caring for their families, friends and carers. It takes over £4.9 million per year to run Eden Valley Hospice and Jigsaw, Cumbria’s Children’s Hospice with over £3.4 million being raised through trading activity, voluntary donations and fundraising activities.
Our teams have a sense a pride working for Eden Valley Hospice and Jigsaw. We are specialists in what we do, and we are respected and valued by our community.
As a small organisation it means we work closely across teams here and ideas for improvement can be adopted and trialled quickly. Our leadership team is visible and approachable, and you will have the chance to influence the work of the hospice.
Our staff survey reflects an employer which values people and a place where their development is encouraged.
While the cost-of-living crisis is bringing us challenges – we are stable and ambitious for the future, and we are excited about opportunities to collaborate with our community.
For details of the benefits of working for the hospice, click here.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.